Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Killing Moon







After writing an email to my sister recently- I was left with this warm and tingly feeling as I saved what I had written in the archives of my gmail account. I like how it left me with a more concrete and satisfying sense of my own reflections, feelings, and ideas. Even now, I get the sense that I can more clearly develop thoughts and insights that are swimming around in my head....

So here it is. A new attempt at blogging. I'm going to take a stab at putting my thoughts out on the page with photos instead of just sporadically posting random pictures. I haven't posted here in forever so I feel relatively safe about how "public" this space really is at this point, but just in case you are out there reading this- I haven't really written in a while & am really rusty. bear with me...

It's raining heavily here and there are no lights on in the house. It's light gray and gold outside and this apartment is dimly lit from the outside and feels like home. (our last apartment never ever felt like home) We got a new futon, bookshelves,and a kitchen table- all inherited from Addie when she moved out of the happy valley. Anyway, we've done a better job with furniture and decorating and keeping clean. This place was filled with great people over the weekend so things feel extra good this evening. I spent the day at church, where there were "creepy crawlies" in the communion wine, cleaning the house, going for a run and watching "Legend of the Seeker" with Ian.

Right now I'm home alone- which I LOVE. The lighting is just right & it's so quiet- all i can hear is rain and the occasional car. I love the sound of heavy rain, there is something comforting and magical about it.

I posted some pictures I just took from the front porch in the rain (even though it doesn't really look like it's even raining in them- it was pouring.) It felt good sitting out there with my camera- taking it all in. Hardwick really is beautiful.

I guess this will be a short first post, but at least it's something...

Listening to Echo and the Bunnymen right now, which adds a spookiness to the ambiance of this space right now. Beautiful.

I think I'm going to go read my book and listen to the rain in my dark house.



No comments: