Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my slumbering heart


That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to behold the fair beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.   -Psalm 27


To love the Lord with all my heart and all my mind and all my soul- at this I am an utter failure.

Fail.

I've had the Lord of the Universe in my corner since before I was born and I live my life like my heart's asleep underwater.

Here is the greatest love story the world has ever known- and I'm sleepwalking.

but then there there are these glimpses I get when my heart is lifted just above a groggy haze
and I feel what Luke meant when he wrote that Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart

and in small moments I feel like singing
and it just feels good to be waking up...

No comments: